This app demonstrates how to use the Windows.Devices.Sensors.Compass API.
This sample allows the user to view the compass reading as a magnetic-north and, depending on the installed sensor, a true-north value. You can choose one of three scenarios:
- Compass data events
- Poll compass readings
- Sensor calibration
Compass Data Events
When you choose the Enable button for the Data Events option, the app begins streaming compass readings in real time.
Poll Compass Readings
When you choose the Enable button for the Polling option, the app will retrieve the sensor readings at a fixed interval.
Allows the user to simulate sensor accuracy and demonstrates usage of the calibration bar.
Client: Windows 10
Server: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
Phone: Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.